DanceSafe Announces Return to VirginiaKristin Karas
By: DanceSafe National Staff
Virginia, WE ARE BACK! Virginia DanceSafe has regrouped thanks to dedicated recruiters and our newest DanceSafe Officers. With a background in event promotion, harm reduction, drug policy reform, and community organizing, the Virginia DanceSafe team is ready to hit the ground running in late June 2019.
Virginia DanceSafe will provide services throughout the state including Richmond, Harrisonburg, and the surrounding areas as well as western parts of the state.
Virginia DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free ear plugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in the Virginia nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Virginia DanceSafe Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Virginia DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.