DanceSafe Announces Launch of Twin Cities ChapterKristin Karas
By: DanceSafe National Staff
We are stoked to announce the official launch of the Twin Cities DanceSafe Chapter! The Chapter will be headed by a stellar leadership team that has a background in harm reduction, drug policy reform, and community organizing.
Twin Cities DanceSafe will provide services at events in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas.
Twin Cities DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
If you are an event producer in the Twin Cities nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to email@example.com.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Twin Cities Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Twin Cities DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.