DanceSafe Announces Launch of Orlando ChapterKristin Karas
By: DanceSafe National Staff
We keep on growing, and growing, and growing…
We are thrilled to announce the official launch of the Orlando DanceSafe Chapter! Our newest Chapter will provide services at events in the Orlando and surrounding areas. Orlando DanceSafe services and initiatives include:
- Providing safe spaces to engage in conversations about health, drug use, and personal safety;
- Providing free water and electrolytes to prevent dehydration and heatstroke;
- Providing free safe sex tools to avoid unwanted pregnancies and the spread of STIs;
- Providing free earplugs to prevent hearing loss;
- Providing honest, fact-based, unbiased information on drug effects and potential harms to empower users to make informed decisions;
- Offering a nonjudgmental first-point of contact to risky or challenging situations;
- Offering drug checking services to prevent overdose and death; and
- Working with promoters and local stakeholders to advocate for safety first approaches.
The Chapter is already super active, and has serviced the following events:
Asteria Arts & Music Festival (with Florida DanceSafe)
The Meraki Movement @ HENAO
Lost in Trancelation (LIT)
Mad Flow Jams
BassNight @ GeekEasy
Electric Mayhem @ Maddox Ranch (with Florida DanceSafe)
If you are an event producer in the Orlando nightlife community and are interested in helping to keep people safe and healthy, you can place a request for services to email@example.com.
Are you interested in volunteering for DanceSafe? Join the Orlando Chapter by completing the online DanceSafe Volunteer Training Course today, and stay connected with Orlando DanceSafe on Facebook and Instagram.